The Division of English Language comprises language teachers and lecturers who are dynamic and dedicated in ensuring that the teaching and learning of English is relevant and exciting for students. Teaching and learning activities at CML incorporates the use of technology in its 13 state-of-the-art multimedia language labs, a mini theatre and a recording studio. Through these technological facilities, students are exposed to a variety of language software like Tell Me More, Tensebusters and Sky Pronunciation. Language instructors also use blog, Edmodo, Moodle, Wikispaces and instant messaging as a platform to disseminate learning materials and communicate electronically with their students. The division of English Language will continue to provide UMP students with classroom contexts that assimilate the real world experiences through assignments and projects.
English Language Course Structure for Diploma Programmes
|1.||UHL1422 ENGLISH FOR ACADEMIC SKILLS|
|2.||UHL1432 ENGLISH FOR OCCUPATIONAL COMMUNICATION|
|1.||UHL2442 ESSENTIAL ENGLISH|
|2.||UHL2412 ENGLISH FOR ACADEMIC COMMUNICATION|
- UHL2400 FUNDAMENTALS OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- UHL2412 ENGLISH FOR ACADEMIC COMMUNICATION
- UHL2422 ENGLISH FOR TECHNICAL COMMUNICATION
- UHL2432 ENGLISH FOR PROFESSIONAL COMMUNICATION
English Language Course Structure for BTech Programmes
SIJIL PENGKHUSUSAN TERBUKA
FOREIGN LANGUAGES DEPARTMENT
The Division of Foreign Languages was established to offer foreign language courses in UMP. Foreign language is a compulsory course and every UMP student must choose one language which they are interested in learning. Besides that, the department conducts language courses relevant to the needs of the university. We are offering the most vital and important global languages such as Japanese, Arabic, Mandarin, Spanish and German. This in line with the recent necessity of globalization and PPPM (PT) 2015-2025 which required students to master in one foreign language.
The objective of the division is to provide adequate knowledge and training in the field of foreign languages to undergraduate students and the opportunity to learn these languages for business and social settings. The division also provides language courses for workplaces to cater to the language needs of the university’s community. This is relevant to the vision and mission of the university which is to encourage students and associates to be multilingual, thus be able to participate in various activities particularly international program. The division has 21 language teachers including 8 expatriates from Egypt, German, and Hungary who are dedicated to teaching the courses which emphasize communicative skills.
* Offered to degree students only
* Students select one foreign language and complete two levels of the selected language.
- UHF1111 MANDARIN FOR BEGINNERS
- UHF1121 GERMAN FOR BEGINNERS
- UHF1131 JAPANESE FOR BEGINNERS
- UHF1141 ARABIC FOR BEGINNERS
- UHF1151 SPANISH FOR BEGINNERS
- UHF2111 MANDARIN FOR INTERMEDIATE
- UHF2121 GERMAN FOR INTERMEDIATE
- UHF2131 JAPANESE FOR INTERMEDIATE
- UHF2141 ARABIC FOR INTERMEDIATE
- UHF2151 SPANISH FOR INTERMEDIATE
- UHF2161: MALAY FOR INTERMEDIATE
- UHF2192 MALAY LANGUAGE FOR COMMUNICATION
|DOUBLE DEGREE PROGRAMME|
Faculty of Industrial Management (FIM)
Faculty of Manufacturing & Mechatronic Engineering Technology
Faculty of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering Technology